At Northeast Collision, we work collectively towards one common goal: getting you back on the road. Last week, we were able to take part in something even greater—getting our veterans back on the road—and giving back to our local community.
On Thursday, November 8, more than 100 veterans and their families received the keys to a newly refurbished vehicle as part of Progressive’s sixth annual Keys to Progress event.
What is Keys to Progress?
Progressive’s Keys to Progress program offers military families reliable transportation to get on the road and move forward in life. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, approximately 40 percent of veterans live in rural areas where transportation options can be limited, so it’s necessary for them to travel far to receive medical care, reach employment centers and access other services they need.
Working with local National Auto Body Council (NABC) member body shops, Progressive works to address this issue by putting refurbished vehicles in the hands of deserving veterans. The vehicle giveaways occurred at 65 locations across the country, including Progressive offices and authorized vehicle repair facilities.
How did Northeast Collision play a part?
Northeast dedicated staff, resources and time to repair a vehicle for Thursday’s giveaway in Williamsville. Over the course of two months, services included restoring a total-loss vehicle to pre-accident condition by our highly trained and dedicated technicians. All mechanical systems were checked over and brought up to new car condition including new tires, oil change and New York State inspection.
“My heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place — police, firefighters and members of our armed forces,” notes Tom Fisher, Northeast Collision operations manager. “So being able to give this special gift to veterans and their families means so much to our team.”
Special thanks to the many organizations that teamed up to make this event possible:
- National Auto Body Council: for volunteering staff, resources and thousands of hours to repair veterans’ vehicles free of charge.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: for providing the first six months of insurance for each donated vehicle.
- Veracity Research Co. Investigations: for helping support the recipient selection each year.
- Preferred Warranties Inc.: for providing a Powertrain 12-month protection plan for most donated vehicles.
- Pep Boys: for providing a one-year routine maintenance package (oil changes, wipers, tire rotation and more) for each donated vehicle, available through any of the nearly 1,000 Pep Boys locations.
- Various local charities that helped identify veteran recipients in each region.
Committed to our local community.
As a family-owned and operated business, it’s important for us to be able to give back to the community that gives so much to us. We’re proud to be able to take part in this year’s special event, and hope to continue our participation in years to come.
Are you looking to learn more about us? Have questions about any of our specific capabilities? Learn more about our services or contact us today to see how we can help restore your vehicle to pre-accident condition or better.